Rainy Day Blues

I'ma be real with y'all. I've been cranky and tired all day, and just waiting for this day to be over. Trying to find redemption in a bad day. Woke up feeling the startings of a cold given to me by my mother. Angry at that. Tired and cranky, not enough sleep, too much work, wish I could nap, why can't anyone else cook around here, why don't we have any vegetables in the house, why can't I just have my space and why does everyone have to talk to me and ask me questions when I'm trying to sulk.

So I asked a friend to pray. God, redeem this day somehow.

Let's list out attributes of God. Maybe that will help.
- He is all-knowing and sovereign
- He is in control of all things
- Every good and perfect gift comes from Him
- He loves me and knows me
- He wants what's best for me and He is my Daddy
- He is patient, loving, kind, humble, steadfast, and True
- He gave me this job, and gave me money to buy food
- He has a homemade chicken pot pie in the oven waiting for me
- He loves me, He loves me, He loves me. Imagine someone you love, and the feelings you have towards them. I love my sister to death. I love being around her and feel I would do anything for her. I love to see her smile and I love doing nice things for her. God's love is like that, only 1 MILLION THOUSAND TIMES THAT BECAUSE HE IS GOD.
- Moreover, He has given me the gift of salvation, the free gift that is for all who accept it. I will be with Him in heaven. These present and momentary troubles are nothing compared to the glory that will be revealed in me.
- He is good. He is good. He is loving. He is good.

This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad. In my cranky tired rainy day funk, I will rejoice in my God. In the faint sore throat I feel, in the anxiety that a cold will start, I will be glad. In the rest of my work today, I will feel tired, but I will praise God.

Lord, thank You that You are here with me and You love me. I have done nothing to deserve Your love, and this makes it all the more humbling to receive. Because You have power over my day, redeem it as You see fit. In the Lord Jesus' precious name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts