Psalm 63

I'm listening to Set a Fire by Will Reagan & United Pursuit. I love the lyrics. Listen here.

"There's no place I would rather be than here in your love, here in your love. So set a fire down in my soul, that I can't contain, that I can't control. I want more of you, God. I want more of you, God."

Nothing makes sense except in the presence of the Lord. Life makes so much more sense as I sit and contemplate Jesus. Audrey Assad has a song that says "I am restless till I rest in You." Absolutely true. All day today I've been restless. Antsy. Looking for a job, waiting for what's next after graduating. Surrounded by people I love yet wondering what more I could be doing with my days. Softening the blows of insults driven towards me by friends and family. I suffer, He suffers. I am pushed down, put down, discouraged, and He is near. He is here. He is with me. Thank you Jesus.

I think of Psalm 63, which says "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." That has always gotten me: because your love is better than life. His love, God's love, the love of Christ, LOVE, TRUE LOVE, is better than life. His love, better. All the great things in life can't compare to the love that He has for us. Because His love is better than life, my lips will glorify him. I am restless until I rest in Him. I long for Him so badly. Lord come to me, and You are.

Comments

Popular Posts