This World Is Fading

Found this today: http://www.verseoftheday.com/en/07312012/. "For this world in its present form is passing away" was today's verse. Lord, teach me more from Your Word. His Word is pure.

I have been reading Safely Home by Randy Alcorn, a book given to me by some beautiful friends of mine. It is an incredible book, and one that reminds me of the power of God's Word. In the story, there are people who travel 80 miles on foot to meet with fellow believers and to HEAR God's Word taught to them. The power is God's. His Word holds power. All who seek Truth should read it and see for themselves what it says.

My fellow believers, please pray for me. I am so anxious about my future. I need prayer to trust in the Lord. As we learn from reading the book of Ruth, God works in the night. And Romans 8:28 tells us He works out everything for the good of those who love Him, because we have been called according to His purposes. How beautiful is that. And I need prayer to take Jesus at His Word. He says we are not to be anxious. We should not worry about tomorrow. He takes care of that. We must be faithful in today--and not only faithful, but joyful! Paul writes in his letter to the Philippian church that we are to rejoice always--again I say, rejoice! And check the last few Psalms--they start by saying "Praise the Lord." Praise God everything that has breath. Any creature. Even stars and mountains and oceans. The heavens are praising the Lord. His beautiful and perfect creation praises Him. How much more ought we, who know the Lord and have trusted in Jesus, praise Him for what He has done.

Lord, give me joy. Give me peace and freedom from worry. Guide my anxious thoughts towards prayer. And encourage all who read this in Your hope and love and joy. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!


Comments

Popular Posts