The Lord Was Grieved...


I am doing a study on Genesis, and have come to a passage that isn't new but brings new sting to me. 

Genesis 6:6 says, "The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain." 

Still struggling with this, and just feeling awful about it. And it brings new meaning to me to read about God’s perspective of sin. He was grieved that he had made man, who chose sinful selfish actions over God’s will. Because of man’s choice to sin, God’s heart was filled with pain.

What does this mean for me? I can read this and feel even more terrible, more out of reach, with a heart that aches to be renewed. But I will not feel hopeless. I will remind myself:

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1-2

“But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in your, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.” Romans 8:10-11

I long to be renewed. I am crushed under the weight of sin. Truly, my heart has grieved lately because I feel out of reach, unable to be saved from my own selfish desires. Yet, I will remember Christ—and not only that, I will hold onto His promises. There is no condemnation for me, because I am in Christ Jesus. Holding on. 



Comments

Popular Posts